London, a city I can’t get enough of it. I’ve discovered this city when I was a little girl, there wasn’t a single year we didn’t go to London with my family. With a mother who is a big fan of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, it seemed so obvious.
I remember our first crazy shopping sessions, I think it’s actually from that time on that I began to understand what fashion means ( not any fashion, but that of London in the ’90s ).
At that time, no internet and H&M didn’t even exist in France, the Topshop fitting rooms were common rooms, I took a size 32 and it was far too big, (but I was counting on a growth spurt of 12 cm in one month). I brought back crazy things and I showed off a lot at school with them ! A few London relics from my adolescence :
- A tee shirt « Little Miss Trouble » (I can tell you that in 1994, such a tee was all avant-garde)
- A tye & dye sweater with its « Hennes & Mauritz » tag (collector item, I still own it !)
- Vintage purple cords from the ’70s bought at Camden Town
- Pants with a psychedelic black & white pattern; I looked out of place at school when I was in year 7 (6th grade)
- Orange sneakers with big blue shoelaces
These are my London memories (I just love Madame Tussauds and its Chamber of Horrors but that’s another story). I’ll try to find again the pictures and scan them (it’s at least 3 times that I say I would scan the photos, I’m really going to have to buy a scanner !).
Jumper : J Crew
Shorts : Vintage
Tights : Asos
Sneakers : Isabel Marant
Bag : Lancaster x Elsa Hosk